Thursday, March 3, 2011

A year ago today...


I was under the knife and drill having my knee scoped thinking of all the racers getting ready for the beginning of the race season in St George.

Today I am wondering what my knee will let me do at the races. So was it worth it? Not sure yet. My knee still swells but not as bad as before. The pain is better. But the point is, I am ready for a new chance and a new season!

This year I have a greater appreciation for the whole atmosphere of racing than just the race. It's an understanding that I feel fortunate to have the opportunity to do this activity. And this luxury is at many levels- from health and fitness, to family support, to the finances , and to the diverse community of cycling fanatics. Think about it, by missing any of these ingredients, the likelihood of racing Saturday would be nil.

See you ingredients Saturday!

No comments: